Rosehill, Aberarth, Ceredigion 2003
A building record was made of the dwelling known as Rosehill, at Aberarth, Ceredigion, on behalf of Wyn Thomas Gordon Lewis in advance of its demolition as part of a road improvement scheme. The dwelling is a two-storey, gabled house typical of the late 19th century in west Wales. It was erected between 1843 and 1889, probably during the 1880s. A lean-to was added to the rear after 1905, probably in c.1910-20, when the entire dwelling was remodelled with new partition walls, and panel doors and 4-light sash windows, most of which are still present. The yard was also established in its present form between 1843 and 1889, with a rubble boundary wall that is at least partly contemporary. The present outbuilding is from the late 20th century.
Ludlow N 2003 Rosehill, Aberarth, Ceredigion: Level 1 Archaeological Recording, Dyfed Archaeological Trust report No. 2003/71.
Project contact: Ken Murphy
[click for navigation menu if not present]